Tuesday, September 17, 2013

It's zoo again

Over Labor Day weekend, we visited with The Girl's family (mainly her nephew, but I hear other people were there, too) and made a day trip to the Columbus Zoo.  I've been there many times, most recently with my own nephew (and my brother), but I never turn down a trip to the zoo.  It's a good thing, too, because on this trip the red pandas were very active (I didn't even see them last time, and from what I've heard, they're usually asleep in their box, not climbing trees and putting on a show).
At one point, they were both high in the trees, but this was the best shot I got of the aerial performance.

Her Nephew was bananas for these guys.  He was very excited, repeating his own private words for "kitty," and trying to crawl over the fence and into the pen.  Luckily, his parents wouldn't allow it.

I am fascinated by the golden pheasants, and all I know about them is that they are from Asia, and very pretty.
The antelope were not playing, because the deer were somewhere else, and though the enclosure is large, it is not a range.

A baby gorilla and a tall, hairless ape shared this space.


No comments:

Post a Comment