Monday, December 2, 2013

Botanic Garden, again

When my friend came to visit, we accidentally wandered into the National Book Festival, which was an adventure in itself, and maybe I'll mention it again later.  For now, suffice to say that The Girl was so excited that it was happening again (and my friend, for reasons of his own), that we scrapped our plans to go to Harpers Ferry on the last day of his visit and instead went back to the Mall for more book madness.  The Girl knew who she wanted to see speak, and since we had until afternoon to make that show, we spent the morning at the Botanic Garden.  We need no other excuse for that; it's beautiful, generally peaceful, and I tend to take visitors there because I like it.  There's no need for further explanation by now; just enjoy the pictures.

Vanda "Robert's Delight" Orchid


Cleistocactus winteri

Baja Fairy-Duster, which seems to be in bloom every single time I visit the Gardens.

cacao pods

Pineapple!  I love pineapple!!

Purple Heart reminded us of the red plants brought by the invaders in War of the Worlds.  Don't hold that against it.

Venus Fly Traps.  Who doesn't love carnivorous plants?  That's SO COOL!!  The Girl might have tickled a couple to see them close.  She's down to nine fingers now.

Miltonia Belle Glade Orchid

No comments:

Post a Comment