Sunday, October 19, 2014

Dibs

We went to a LOT of weddings last fall.  A lot for me, anyway.  We did talk to one person who had seven in one year, and we only went to four, but that was in the course of two months, spread from Cleveland to Colorado.  The Girl and I were fairly evenly matched; two weddings were "my" friends (they both prefer her now) and the other two were her friends (no air-quotes necessary).  However, she wasn't in either wedding, while I, for the first time ever, donned a tux and stood by a friend on the day he put on the One Ring (it binds him).

For me, that was a bit of an adventure in itself.  Given the scope of the planning that went into this wedding, I think it might have qualified as an adventure for anyone who attended, and several people who might have just wandered past the festivities.  That's why I'm breaking my usual post schedule to put this up on the first anniversary of one of my best friends.  I wish you could have gone hiking with me, wanker, but I understand that there are extenuating factors to consider now.

I wish you both the best, C and M.  Happy anniversary, and many thanks for everything you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment